If you are a medical graduate holding a valid medical degree (MBBS) and have a valid Medical council registration (Or if you have a Nursing Degree and Nursing Council registration) with minimum two years of clinical experience in hospital and emergency services, you can become an offshore medic. Preference is given to those who have worked in emergency and casualty departments. Being an offshore medic gives you a wide exposure to the offshore healthcare sector which is a challenging field.
Benefits of becoming an Offshore medic
Short contracts and great work environment
High salary with frequent hikes
Free food and Accommodation
Low workload, less patients, limited work
Ample time to study (Advantage for PG going medicos)
Future postings in International waters if you desire
Medics in Indian Waters:
MBBS Degree from a recognized medical college/university OR Have a valid Nursing Degree.
Foreign medical graduates with valid MCI Registration post FMGE clearance can also apply.
Valid Medical council registration / Nursing Council Registration
Basic Safety Courses –like STCW-95 / BOSIET Course
ACLS / BLS / ITLS COURSES
Valid Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
If you are a Medic / Paramedic / Nursing Staff / Doctor and have the following valid documents, you are welcome to join our network and become a part of Offshore Medics International.
Basic Qualifications - You need to have:
- Medic Training Certificate and Registration (Approved in your respective country) or Nursing Degree or Diploma and the Council registration with min 3 years clinical experience.
- An experienced nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- An experienced paramedic registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered Doctor (min. MBBS) with min 3 yrs Clinical Experience
- OPITO Approved BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency technique) Safety course
- Valid ACLS / ITLS / ATLS / PHTLS COURSE
- Valid OGUK medicals of yourself.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Seaman Book / CDC / Travel document.
- Registered Nurse with at least 3 years post-graduation experience
- HCPC Registered Paramedic
- Army : Combat Medical Technician Class 1 ( RAMC CMT Class 1)
- Royal Navy: Leading Medical Assistant (LMA) or above.
- Royal Air Force : Medics Assistant (Corporal or above)
- Royal Fleet Auxiliary Services Medical Technician
(A Registered General Nurse (RGN) whose details appear in the UKCC Register in those sections relating to General Nursing (1,2,7 or 12) with at least 3 years post registration experience)
Note: To work in international Waters you require some additional courses with a core 1 year of offshore experience and we will be happy to guide you to climb the ladder..!
Minimum qualification and training need to work offshore :
- HSE approved offshore medics certificate*
- OGUK Medical
- BOSIET/FOET (c/w-EBS)
Desired qualifications and training will include:
- Vantage trained
- Manual Handling Assessor
- NEMS Noise at work competent person
- ERT part 2 training